Installing StarMoney Business 7 (English)

Moderatoren: Star Finanz Support, Star Finanz GmbH, StarMoney Team1

Antworten
jbrown
Antispam-Schutz: Anmeldung bestätigen

Installing StarMoney Business 7 (English)

Beitrag von jbrown »

Good afternoon,

I am having some trouble installing StarMoney Business 7 and I have a couple of questions.

Context:
Installation will be on a Server 2008 R2 tower.
We already have StarMoney Business 6.0 installed.
Installation folder will be a network share (For easy-access to Client Install folder).

Because the software is in German, I'm finding it difficult to configure; I want to Install version 7 in a separate directory from 6.0 to avoid any potential issues.

The software installs fine; After installing StarMoney detects the earlier version and I agree to migrate the databases and user log-ins to 7.

So that is fine; I can load up Version 7 and type in an old username/password from 6.0 and logs in fine.

However there is a password prompt to login to the default database? SMB60?

We don't have the password for this database (As 6.0 for used for many years, by now ex-colleagues) is there anyway to reset this or perhaps if possible try a 'default' password?

We have the databases/accounts in the Profile/Restore folder in 6.0 which we copied over to the Profil folder in our 7 Installation folder.

Any advice is much appreciated.
moneymaus

Re: Installing StarMoney Business 7 (English)

Beitrag von moneymaus »

Hello,

I hope the Google translator works right here:

if I have understood correctly, no longer knows her your database creation password. That can not be read - and is 7 database file for converting to the business needs. You can then only the sales data / address data from the Business 6.0 in StarMoney export format and in business 7 - after creating your account, reimport.

The database password is entered only once during the creation of the database and then only for new installations (such as a change in the business 7) again to re-enter. The password can be different from the login password, but it does not.

und in Deutsch, mein ich das hier:

wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe, kennt ihr euer Datenbankerstellungspasswort nicht mehr. Das ist nicht auslesbar - und wird für das Umwandeln in die Business 7 Datenbankdatei benötigt. Ihr könnt dann nur die Umsatzdaten/Adressdaten aus der Business 6.0 im StarMoney Format exportieren und im Business 7 - nach der Kontoeinrichtung, wieder importieren.

Das Datenbankpasswort wird genau einmal bei der Anlage der Datenbank eingegeben und ist dann nur bei Neuinstallationen (wie dem Wechsel auf die Business 7) nochmal neu einzugeben. Das Passwort kann von den Anmeldepasswörtern abweichen, muss es aber nicht.

greeting
Manuela
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf Sie behalten! ;-)
jbrown

Beitrag von jbrown »

Google translate makes me sad.

I understand the majority of what you typed but what does this mean?

"The database password is entered only once during the creation of the database and then only for new installations (such as a change in the business 7) again to re-enter. The password can be different from the login password, but it does not."

"Das Datenbankpasswort wird genau einmal bei der Anlage der Datenbank eingegeben und ist dann nur bei Neuinstallationen (wie dem Wechsel auf die Business 7) nochmal neu einzugeben. Das Passwort kann von den Anmeldepasswörtern abweichen, muss es aber nicht. "

Can anyone help?

Kind regards,
Jbrown
moneymaus

Beitrag von moneymaus »

Hallo,

das tut mir leid... aber ich hoffe das hilft ... stellen wir uns einmal vor, du nutzt StarMoney Business das allererste Mal. Dann startest du nach der Installation die Software und dann passiert folgendes:

1. Anlage des StarMoney Administrator (Benutzername/Passwortvergabe)
2. du gelangst in die Datenbankverwaltung, hier legst du eine neue Datenbank an (in der dann die Konten eingerichtet werden können)- hierfür vergibst du ein "Datenbankpasswort" - dieses Passwort, kann vom unter Punkt 1 genannten Admin-Passwort abweichen!
3. richtest du dann in der angelegten Datenbank die Konten ein und vergibst in der Benutzerverwaltung dieser Datenbank dann entsprechende Benutzerrechte, samt wieder eigenem/eigenständigen Passwort.

Das Passwort, was unter 2. gewählt wurde - muss bei der Anmeldung an der Datenbank bei Übernahme in eine neue Installation eingegeben werden. Ist das Passwort nicht bekannt, kannst du nur eine neue Datenbank anlegen und deine Konten neu einrichten, sowie die Umsatzdaten/Adressdaten im StarMoney Format exportieren (Verwaltung/Datenexport) und in der neu angelegten Datenbank wieder importieren.

Gruß
Manuela
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf Sie behalten! ;-)
jbrown

Beitrag von jbrown »

Good afternoon,

I've found the crucial part of the problem.

We can see the databases from StarMoney Business 6.0 in StarMoney business 7.0 but we don't know the database password!

Is there anyway to get this reset?

We can still log-in to StarMoney 6.0 with the Admin account but we don't have the original password for the database! :(
ottoager

Beitrag von ottoager »

Hi there,
jbrown hat geschrieben:but we don't know the database password!

Is there anyway to get this reset?
for security reasons there's no way. If you don't know the database password, your only option is

- first to create a new database in SMB7,
- then to set up the users, accounts etc. in the new database in SMB7,
- afterwards to export the bookings of your accounts and the adress book out of SMB6.0 (Verwaltung > Datenexport > Umsätze and Adressbuch, please choose StarMoney-Business-6.0-txt-Format)
- in the end to import the data into the new database of SMB7 (Verwaltung > Datenimport > Umsätze and Adressbuch).

The game is always the same: When there will be the next greater Update to install (i.e. SMB8), you will have to remember the new database password again, so it will be useful for you to find a way to store the password safely to avoid such inconveniance in the future. :wink:

Otto

Häufig gefragt - nützliche Links:

Dieses Forum hat eine "Suchen"-Funktion.
So wird StarMoney lizenziert.
So funktioniert die Datenbanksicherung/-wiederherstellung.
So kann bei Bedarf eine vorhandene Installation repariert werden.
Abhilfe bei "Zertifikat ungültig".

Antworten

Zurück zu „Installation von StarMoney Business 7“